The Asphalt Angels Auto Club Was established in 1957 by a Group of like minded teenage street rod enthusiasts from the Southside of Richmond. In 1959 the club was chartered by the National Street Rod Association, as such.
The club grew to have more than 30 members at which time they decided to have a rod run just outside of Richmond in 1961. In 1962 they decided to have an indoor rod & custom car show at the state fairgrounds, in 1963 the show was moved to the arena (at Parker field) & remained there until the arena was shut down by the city in 1986. The show then moved to the downtown center for several years, then moved to the Showplace & remained there until Roses purchased the property in 2012. The show was then moved to the Meadow Event Park (new state fairgrounds) were it has remained since.
The current active membership stands at 12 with an active auxiliary, & like the Marines, are always looking for "a Few Good Men" .
The club has participated in many local charity rod & bike runs, soapbox derbies, teddy bear runs & indirectly supportes Wounded Warriors, Crippled Childrens hospital, Knights Of Columbus, Masons & Shrine.
To Contact Us: